Did you know that in the past 5 years, 797 participants from 76 countries have taken this course with IATA?
It takes more than technical competence for you to successfully deliver aviation training. This course will develop your knowledge, attitudes, and skills required to effectively develop, conduct and evaluate a course. Learn how to use the skills needed to conduct an effective training program to create a positive learning environment, coach and motivate trainees, handle difficult participants, and much more.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 21 - Oct 25, 2019 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
8 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply principles of adult learning
- Implement common instructional methods and aids
- Recognize and manage classroom problems
- Assess learners and provide feedback
- Identify and overcome barriers to the transfer of learning
- Demonstrate effective instruction and facilitation
- Adult learning principles
- Role of the instructor and instructor attributes
- Working with lesson plans, objectives, learning outcomes
- Handling classroom questions and problems
- Use of games, exercises and visual aids
- Course evaluation and feedback
- Interactive exercises and role plays
- Create and deliver training sessions with feedback and guidance from the instructor
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Training specialists and managers
- Subject matter experts with little instructional experience
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.