DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
With new technology, passenger rail transportation offers comfort, speed, convenience and a rewarding travel experience. It is no wonder why more people travel by train. The Selling International Rail Transportation Course provides knowledge of global passenger rail products and teaches skills in arranging international rail journeys. You will understand how travel by train is not only a mode of transportation but can offer a niche travel experience as well.
Course formatThis course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 20 hours of study to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the features of passenger rail transport and sell their benefits
- Recognize and describe common types of rail products
- Explain the characteristics of luxury, scenic, and long distance rail products
- Interpret and use rail timetables to establish international itineraries
- Describe the most popular rail passes and general conditions of carriage on rail tickets
- Benefits of passenger rail transportation
- Rail products: luxury and special tourist trains
- The rail timetable and planning the journey
- Features and amenities on the train
- Pricing and ticketing rail journeys and selling rail passes
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel and call center agents
- Tour operator agents
- Rail sales agents and rail passenger agents
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 75
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Further trainingGraduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Travel Sales and Operations Diploma - Android Tablet Offer
Order all 3 courses for the diploma at once to receive an Android tablet - yours to keep (at no extra cost!)*
* The recipient will be responsible for any duties and taxes levied by the country of destination. ATC preferential prices do NOT apply.