DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
This course is for the travel professional with basic knowledge and skills in air journey pricing and ticketing who wants to be recognized as the company or office expert. You will gain confidence in pricing more complex journeys that apply exceptions to standard pricing principles. A key additional benefit are study units on ticket exchanges and reissues resulting in a refund or an additional collection for the new ticket price or a penalty fee collection.
Course formatThis course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 90 hours of study to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Spot potential under or over-collections caused by incorrect ticketing or faulty application of IATA pricing rules and procedures
- Develop better problem solving and analytical skills when reading government and IATA regulations
- Discover and offer the most affordable fares
- Attract and retain customers based upon expertise
- Master complex ticketing entries and fare rule interpretations to provide better service to your customers
- Review of fare selection
- Currency conversion and rounding
- One way fare construction
- Round and circle trip fare construction
- Exceptions to minimum checks
- Normal fare open jaw pricing
- Pricing unit versus fare component
- Lowest combination principle
- Limitations on indirect travel
- Introductions to ticket alterations
- Reservation change
- Exchange transactions
- IATA course manual and workbook to download
- Online database of fares and rules
- IATA Fare Formula Reference checklist
Who should attend
- Travel agency employees and managers
- Travel agency owners
- GDS technologists
- Airline ticketing agents and managers
- Air fares and ticketing specialists
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.