When shipping or accepting live animals for air transportation, you have to know how to use and comply with the IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR). IATA LAR is the global standard and essential guide to transporting live animals by air in a safe, humane, and cost-effective manner. The expertise acquired in this course will also allow you to identify business development opportunities for your company as this type of transportation requires a high degree of technical skills.
Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder, an airline, or an animal care professional, a working knowledge of LAR is a must to ensure that live animals are transported humanely and in compliance with airline regulations and animal welfare standards.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 25 - Apr 27, 2018 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
7 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Meet compliance standards and master the use of IATA’s Live Animals Regulations (LAR) manual
- Protect the safety and welfare of animals on the ground and in the air
- Review and discuss special routings and animal behaviors
- Identify and implement procedures to handle emergency situations
- Understand the container design principles for live animals.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Customer service
- Reservations and operations staff of airlines
- Airline handlers
- Air cargo forwarders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.