IATA's Live Animals Regulations course will teach you how to transport live animals by air safely, in the correct container and with the correct documentation. Learn about container requirements, documentation requirements, and awareness of animals’ health. Learn how to comply with standards and international welfare regulations.
The successful application of the IATA Live Animals Regulations for the transport of live animals by air and the achievement of the provisions of international legislation regarding animal welfare during transport are greatly dependent on how well personnel are trained.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in Printed format.
- This course requires approximately 4 – 6 hours of study, to be completed in one year.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Satisfy compliance standards and master the use of IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual
- Protect the safety and welfare of animals on the ground and in the air
- Review special routings and animal behaviors
- Identify and implement procedures to handle emergency situations
- Understand the container design principles for live animals
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- Airlines and cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.