Addressing the key skills and knowledge required to be an effective manager, this course is designed to improve your effectiveness. You will have the opportunity to assess your strengths and development areas, as well as understand different behavioral characteristics and know-how to manage them. You will learn how to get optimal performance results by setting clear expectations and how to create and strengthen a team.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what is expected of a ‘People Manager’ and how you can contribute and align with the organizational vision and mission
- Gain insights into your own behavioral characteristics, preferences, strengths and development areas as a manager and leader
- Identify ways to get optimal performance results by agreeing clear objectives, providing feedback, and challenging your people
- Know ‘People Manager’ tools and strategies and use them to enhance your delegating, coaching, motivating, evaluating, and managing of people’s performance
- Understand the underlying dynamics of teams and know the tools and strategies to shape and strengthen a team
- Identify your strengths and development needs as a ‘People Manager’ and plan your on-going learning and development
- Your role as a People Manager
- Your strengths and development areas
- Coaching and developing employees
- Setting objectives, motivating and empowering
- Evaluating performance and providing feedback
- Team management
- Decision making and conflict resolution
- Self assessments
- Group exercises
- Role plays
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone with management responsibility and direct reports wishing to improve their skills in managing and leading their staff will benefit from this course.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.