With more than 1 billion people traveling abroad each year for leisure, business, education, family and other reasons, the travel industry offers travel professionals tremendous business opportunities. This course will improve your skills to supervise and manage a team, to initiate change and make business decisions based on sound negotiating strategies and to gain a competitive business strategy by developing new products and marketing these effectively. Gain insight on agency accounting procedures to build business plans that ensure good financial health.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 120 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand the manager's roles and responsibilities within a travel agency
- Coach and motivate employees
- Develop sound negotiating skills
- Develop new products and services
- Arrange special interest travel and tour production
- Set up proper back office operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency supervisors and mid-level managers
- Agency back-office personnel
- Sales and marketing managers
- Independent travel consultants
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the Managing the Travel Business course Diploma