With more than 1 billion international trips each year, the travel industry offers travel professionals excellent business opportunities. This course will help you take advantage of these opportunities by improving your skills in supervising and managing people and by building business relationships based on win-win negotiating strategies. Learn how to be competitive by developing new products and market them effectively. You will also gain insight on agency accounting procedures to build business plans that lead to good financial health.
Course formatThis course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol with a Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 120 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- You will access online resources and other study materials through your User Account.
- You need an Internet connection and Google Chrome™ browser.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Increase your opportunity for career advancement
- Become entrepreneurial and creative
- Open your own travel agency or tour company
- Grow your business and profits
- Improve operational processes
- Managerial and negotiation skills
- Marketing and pricing
- Tour production and event planning
- Administration and accounting
- Laws related to the travel industry
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Agency administration
- Mid-level managers and supervisors
- Agency back-office personnel
- Travel Managers
By successfully completing the examination you will receive the Managing the Travel Business Diploma
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Book. Foldout Maps are not permitted
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Further trainingGraduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Travel Sales and Operations Diploma - Android Tablet Offer
Order all 3 courses for the diploma at once to receive an Android tablet - yours to keep (at no extra cost!)*
* The recipient will be responsible for any duties and taxes levied by the country of destination. ATC preferential prices do NOT apply.