With more than 1 billion people traveling abroad each year for leisure, business, education, family and other reasons, the travel industry offers travel professionals tremendous business opportunities. This course will improve your skills to supervise and manage a team, to initiate change and make business decisions based on sound negotiating strategies and to gain a competitive business strategy by developing new products and marketing these effectively. Gain insight on agency accounting procedures to build business plans that ensure good financial health.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring 125 hours of self-study.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand the manager's roles and responsibilities within a travel agency
- Coach and motivate employees
- Develop sound negotiating skills
- Develop new products and services
- Arrange special interest travel and tour production
- Set up proper back office operations
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency supervisors and mid-level managers
- Agency back-office personnel
- Sales and marketing managers
- Independent travel consultants
By successfully completing the examination you will be eligible for the Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) designation.
By successfully completing the examination you will
receive the Managing the Travel Business Course Diploma, and you will be eligible for Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP)
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance
learning program at a special graduate price.
This course can be taken as part of the Leadership
& Management Training Program diploma.