With more than 1 billion people traveling abroad each year for leisure, business, education, family and other reasons, the travel industry offers travel professionals tremendous business opportunities. This course will improve your skills to supervise and manage a team, to initiate change and make business decisions based on sound negotiating strategies and to gain a competitive business strategy by developing new products and marketing these effectively. Gain insight on agency accounting procedures to build business plans that ensure good financial health.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand the manager's roles and responsibilities within a travel agency
- Coach and motivate employees
- Develop sound negotiating skills
- Develop new products and services
- Arrange special interest travel and tour production
- Set up proper back office operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency supervisors and mid-level managers
- Agency back-office personnel
- Sales and marketing managers
- Independent travel consultants
An IATA Diploma is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Book. Foldout Maps are not permitted
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Further trainingGraduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Travel Sales and Operations Diploma - Android Tablet Offer
Order all 3 courses for the diploma at once to receive an Android tablet - yours to keep (at no extra cost!)*
* The recipient will be responsible for any duties and taxes levied by the country of destination. ATC preferential prices do NOT apply.