The ability to develop persuasive arguments, structure proposals and effectively negotiate have a major impact on personal and organizational success. This course will prepare you for each phase of the negotiation process, with techniques, tactics and behaviors regarding when to negotiate and how to achieve successful, win-win results for both parties. You will learn and practice the strategies and skills that will help you become a successful negotiator.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Feb 25 - Mar 01, 2019 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
6 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the phases involved in all negotiations
- Know how to plan and prepare for each negotiation phase
- Evaluate and refine your current negotiation style to different situations
- Apply cultural differences with international negotiations
- Understand the key skills of successful negotiators
- Handle difficult people and conflict situations
- Negotiate confidently and effectively, while maintaining constructive relationships
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals of all levels who want to enhance their negotiation skills and work more effectively.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Monica Gutierrez Cardenas, Chief of Technical Purchasing, Avianca
The course fulfilled all my expectations and broadened my perspective on every-day interactions with suppliers and clients. The extensive use of real life examples, the active class participation and the vast experience of the instructor made the training particularly valuable.