Did you know that in the past 5 years, 368 participants from 53 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Apply standardized risk management techniques and processes to everyday aviation operations at all levels of the decision-making process to ensure the greatest potential for enhancing safety within your organization. Candidates will learn how to identify, analyze, evaluate and control all types of risks that can be captured and actioned in a risk management program.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge and awareness of safety and risks
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Feb 17 - Feb 21, 2020 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Use the multi-step processes of Operational Risk Management (ORM) in your daily activities
Incorporate management of the risk factor into decision-making
Apply the fundamentals of Hazard Identification and analysis in a disciplined way
- The theory of risk
- The risk management process in a Safety Management System (SMS)
- Identifying hazards - inductive and deductive methods
- Risk and safety management terminology
- The five fundamentals of safety risk management
- Risk management process guidelines
- Risk assessment
- Strategies for risk control
- Follow-up action steps
- Using traditional safety tools in risk management
- Building an effective risk management program
- Building an operational risk profile (Operational Risk Portfolio)
- Case studies and examples
- Practical exercises to reinforce learning and develop risk management plans
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Managers and operational staff from Airlines, Airports, Civil Aviation Authorities, Air Navigation Service Providers and other aviation organization who need to know how to apply Operational Risk Management
United Nations aviation staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.