Did you know that in the past 5 years, 480 participants from 60 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Apply the latest in risk management to everyday aviation operations across the organization at every level of the decision-making process.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 01 - Oct 05, 2018 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Use the multi-step processes of Operational Risk Management (ORM) in your daily activities
Incorporate management of the risk factor into decision-making
Apply the fundamentals of Hazard Identification and analysis in a disciplined way
- The theory of risk
- The risk management process in a Safety Management System (SMS
- ICAO SMS
IATA Operations Safety Audit (IOSA)
IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO)
Integrated Risk Management (IRMS)
- Identifying hazards - inductive and deductive methods
- Risk and safety management terminology
- The five fundamentals of safety risk management
- Safety Risk Management
Safety Risk Probability
Safety Risk Severity
Safety Risk Tolerability
Safety Risk Control
- Risk management process guidelines
- 7 step risk management process based on the AS/NZS 4360
2004 risk management standard - a practical methodology that analyzes an organization’s risk criteria decisions
Other ORM processes: US AF 5 step; US Navy 6 step etc.
- Risk assessment
- Quantitative risk management and Return On Investment (ROI)
- Strategies for risk control
- Follow-Up Action Steps
- Using Traditional Safety Tools in Risk Management
- Building an Effective Risk Management Programme
- Building an Operational Risk Profile (Operational Risk Portfolio)
- Electronic Hazard Control and Tracking with SMSPro and other Risk Management software
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Managers and operational staff from Airlines, Airports, Civil Aviation Authorities, Air Navigation Service Providers and other aviation organization who need to know how to apply Operational Risk Management
United Nations aviation staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.