With the growth of air transport, the industry faces challenges and opportunities to meet its customers’ expectations. Many companies who seek to innovate and cater to their customers’ expectations have started adopting a "design thinking" approach to problems and challenges. Design thinking is a human-centric, interdisciplinary approach to innovation.
This workshop will introduce you to the design thinking process, and show you how to apply "human-centered design" techniques, in combination with analytical research of customers. You will understand the needs and pain points your passenger’s experience, which will guide you in crafting solutions that will address these gaps. From defining goals, researching customer behaviors and preferences, ideating and documenting customer personas and their journeys, you will learn to prototype innovative solutions and develop strategies to implement monitor, and continuously improve them.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This workshop provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisite for this course
- Recommended level is Management level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|Oct 15 - Oct 16, 2019 - Sweden, Stockholm (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the value of the design thinking process as a means to problem-solving
- Describe your customers’ behavior, expectations, needs and wants in a holistic and empathic way
- Develop solutions for your customers that demonstrate critical and creative thinking
- Operationalize and apply the design thinking process in the context of your organization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Strategic, management-level staff at airlines or airports
- Innovation specialists
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.