Learn the fundamentals for pricing journeys, how to interpret constructed fares, and how to decode electronic ticket data so you can provide your customers with the best service possible.
With the abundance and complexity of today’s fare options, your clients expect you to provide a service that is accurate, faster and more affordable than the competition. This course teaches the language of fare construction and fare rules so you can provide your customers with the best advice and the lowest fare for their air itinerary and needs. You will develop new skills through practical exercises and with the support of reference materials to become the travel professional your customers trust.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Sep 23 - Sep 27, 2019 - China, Beijing (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the parts of a journey
- Match cities and countries with IATA Traffic Conference areas and sub-areas
- Identify the global indicator for the routing flown
- Quote specified routing fares and select the best fares
- Convert and round currencies
- Price one way, round, and circle trips using normal fares
- Interpret electronic ticket (e-ticket) data elements
- Collect applicable taxes, fees, and charges
- Calculate child and infant fares
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline call center, reservation and ticket agents
- Travel agents
- Airline tariff and pricing analysts
- Interline billing auditors and revenue accountants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.