In this course you will learn how to ship perishable goods safely and comply with IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations. You will learn about shipper and airline responsibilities, perishable classifications, packaging, labelling and marking, and perishable handling procedures.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in Printed format.
- This course requires approximately 6 - 8 hours of study, to be completed in one year.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
- A self-printed IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Review methods and techniques to better manage time and temperature sensitive cargo
- Explore the latest industry trends and types of perishable commodities transported by air
- Reduce your business exposure through in-depth analysis of global government controls
- Identify new market opportunities and how to improve service to existing markets through rigorous study of transport standards and documentation
- Review and gain knowledge through the current Shipping Perishable Cargo Guidelines Publication in conjunction with the Shipping Perishable Cargo workbook
- Proper use of IATA's Shipping Perishable Cargo manual and workbook
- Government and airline regulations
- Shippers and airlines responsibilities
- Perishables classification
- Packaging, documentation and marking requirements for perishable cargo
- Special perishable shipping procedures and considerations
- Load planning and acceptance
- Air logistics for temperature-sensitive healthcare products
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- Airlines and cargo training specialists
- Cargo operations managers and frontline supervisors
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.