Learn how to correctly manage and control the end-to-end project procurement framework and contract life
cycle, as well as effective strategies to successfully handle suppliers and vendors. Over 5 days you will
master the step-by-step process for converting needs into outsourced goods and services. You will gain
knowledge on how to develop evaluation criteria to select the most appropriate procurement partner, and
how to create an effective statement of work and service level agreements.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge and
experience working with projects.
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 04 - Nov 08, 2019 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify stakeholder expectations and convert
project needs into contract requirements
- Use a Request for Information (RFI) as a tool to
determine the sourcing strategy
- Develop an evaluation model and supplier
selection criteria to be able to analyse and validate
- Establish a bid evaluation framework and create a
robust Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Adapt and improve your negotiation techniques
and communication strategies
- Monitor and control supplier performance and
maintain effective working relationships
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Purchasing or sourcing managers
- Vendor or product evaluation / selection managers
- Project managers
- Program managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course counts as 30 PDUs, helping you earn or maintain your PMI credential.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
IATA has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.