This course will teach you the fundamentals of project management. Learn how to apply essential project
management concepts, deal with changes and challenges, and check the impact of your decisions on
project outcomes. Benefit from the Harvard Business Publishing simulation to develop your skills of
managing real projects.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge and
experience working with projects.
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Sep 30 - Oct 04, 2019 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Define project objectives, minimize scope
changes and prevent scope creep
- Develop time and cost estimates, create and
control the schedule and the budget
- Assemble, motivate and lead a project team
- Communicate project progress, maintain
stakeholder engagement and develop plans
for managing risks
- Manage scope, resources, schedule and team
- Make trade-offs between desired project
outcomes and understand how prototypes
and iterative processes help mitigate the risks
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Project coordinators and managers
- Project team members
- Anyone who needs to perform project management activities in their role
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course counts as 30 PDUs, helping you earn or maintain your PMI credential.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. IATA has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Mr. Anochkine, UNMIT
IATA Training courses play a very important role in national civil aviation capacity building, which is part of UN mandated activities. I would like to express my gratitude for the quality and extraordinarily professional level of ALL courses delivered by IATA Training. IATA plays an active role with UN missions in capacity building in the aviation industry in newly developing nations, by providing training and unified industry culture development. IATA is a model for international industry
standards and best practices implementation.