Airline finance’s success will depend on its flexibility and ability to adapt to rapid change and greater business complexity. Use project management methods and tools to implement strategic finance initiatives and maximize the benefits of effective business transformation while maintaining performance levels throughout the transition.
This course will enable airline finance professionals to: Manage their activities as projects; Discover the fundamentals of project management with a focus on the practical application of methodologies using examples from airline finance transformation projects; Learn how to apply essential project management concepts, deal with changes and challenges, and check the impact of their decisions on project outcomes; and Develop their skills of managing real airline finance projects and receive coaching by a project management expert.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training, and is part of the IATA Finance Academy.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have a university degree in finance, accounting, business administration or economics and at least 2 years work experience in airline finance (not necessarily in the Finance department)
Recommended level is Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|Apr 28 - Apr 30, 2020 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the disruptions impacting the airline industry and develop a change mindset
- Define project objectives, minimize scope changes and prevent scope creep
- Develop time and cost estimates, create and control the schedule and the budget
- Communicate project progress, maintain stakeholder engagement and develop plans for managing risks
- Manage scope, resources, schedule and team dynamics
Who should attend
This course is recommended for Managers in:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.