In light of the growing number of security incidents and legislation, both global and national aviation security authorities require recurrent training for security staff, trainers and management. This course covers the recurrent training requirements recommended by ICAO, EU, TSA, and other major security programs to help keep your organization compliant.
Whether you work at an airport, warehouse or in the air, this course will ensure you stay current with recent incidents, regulations and technology trends. You will learn how to apply new security measures and procedures to your daily operations through exercises and case studies. You will also gain valuable insight into the lessons learned from past incidents and the resulting initiatives that can help you mitigate future threats.
We recommend this course as part of your annual recurrent training. The course contents are updated and released at the beginning of each calendar year.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Manageemnt
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Aug 14 - Aug 16, 2019 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Taken once a year, this course will help you and your staff to:
- Keep you and your staff current with the most current security threats and legislation
- Review the lessons learned from recent incidents
- Design a risk assessment model based on your workplace
- Discover upcoming screening technology and its detection capabilities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All aviation staff involved in implementing security measures as part of their operational tasks: screeners, management, trainers, flight crews.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.