Explore the fundamentals and principles of airline revenue management (RM) through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, and validate your learning using our sophisticated airline revenue management simulator. Over 4 days, you will learn how to optimize airline revenue through pricing strategies, controls and forecasting.
The simulation exercises will immerse you into a realistic, risk-free environment where you will make decisions based on variables such as customer demand patterns (leisure vs. business travellers), individual RM system booking class hierarchy, and restricted and unrestricted fare structures. Your challenge is to optimize your revenue by analyzing KPIs generated in the simulator and take actions based on their evaluation.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 05 - Nov 08, 2019 - Lebanon, Beirut (MEA-HST)
8 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental RM methodologies
- Create fare structures
- Optimize revenue per flight
- Evaluate and choose the right revenue management alternatives
- Apply principles of performance monitoring to achieve revenue objectives
- Summarize demand characteristics
- Distinguish forecasting and optimization methodologies
- Track and monitor initiatives and policies
- Revenue management principles and processes
- Airline demand characteristics
- Airline pricing strategies
- Seat inventory control, determination of optimal seat allocations
- Revenue Management Systems: forecast and optimisation; application and limitation of revenue management systems
- Revenue management performance measurement
- Reporting, KPIs and analytical methods
- The revenue management organization
To request a demonstration of the Revenue Management Simulator please send your email addresses, phone number, company name and job title to: email@example.com
Who should attend
This course is recommended for airline and non-airline staff and specialists in:
- Revenue management and pricing
- Network planning, scheduling
- Reservations, sales, marketing and planning
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Wei Ruijuan, Xiamen Airlines (Hunan Branch)
I joined Xiamen Airlines in 2012 in a sales position and since then I fulfilled several commercial roles in distribution, route forecasting and others. So far, I have attended two IATA training courses. Why IATA Training? Because IATA courses provide the newest and cutting-edge aviation knowledge to improve my business capabilities. Certainly, IATA training gave a boost to my career in the aviation sector.
Most recently, I have attended the Revenue Management and Pricing with Simulation course. This is more than a training, it is a hands on experience thanks to the Revenue Management Simulator. The simulator helped us understand the theoretical concepts more easily as we played around with certain scenarios. Moreover, the simulator gave us the possibility to practice in a risk free environment and test our assumptions. The IATA instructor’s rich theoretical knowledge and industry experience made the course an extremely enjoyable experience.
I am confident that this highly dynamic course will help me with my daily tasks because it taught me the entire management process of the income at an airline. I learned how to price according to the demand, the market and other factors involved. I would strongly recommend IATA Training and the Revenue Management with Simulation course to other aviation professionals to grow their career.
Nuuna Papis Chemnitz, Revenue Manager, Inventory Specialist, Air Greenland Network Revenue Management
This course was held in-house with a very experienced and knowledgeable Instructor. Participants were from the Revenue Management Department, Space Controllers, Sales Department, Controllers and Project Managers, providing a mix of departments with various interfaces, but all with the same goal. We all gained a better understanding of Revenue Management and this will result in smoother cooperation between departments. I would definitely recommend the course.