Did you know that in the past 5 years, 368 participants from 30 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Understand safety oversight in civil aviation and review the evolving role of the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Program (USOAP) as part of the State Safety Program as required by ICAO Annex 19 – Safety Management.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2019 - Nigeria, Lagos (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the changing approach to safety management by States with the adoption of Annex 19 – Safety Management
- Be conversant with the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Program (USOAP) within CAAs
- Better understand the requirements for Safety Oversight and its impact on the safety oversight function
- Apply the concepts and principles
- Satisfy audit findings after being audited under the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Program (USOAP)
- Review the changing role of the State Safety Program (SSP) and Safety
Management System (SMS in safety management by States)
- Review the 8 critical elements of a Safety Oversight
System in order to understand how an integrated approach can improve safety
- Understand the practical application of the ICAO USOAP
within CAAs and its demands on the CAA and other stakeholders due to the
implementation of the Continuous Monitoring Approach (CMA)
- Discover management concepts and programs that can
assist managers in ensuring safety in day-to-day operations, inclusive of the mandatory
implementation of a Safety Management System
- Review the history of the safety oversight function
and the ICAO USOAP to understand the evolving approaches as they are implemented
- Practical exercises and discussions designed to help you to be familiar with best practices
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers with safety oversight and audit responsibilities in Civil Aviation Authorities
- Safety officers within aviation industry service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.