Safety risk management is a key component of a successful safety management system, required to assess the risks associated with identified hazards, and to develop and implement effective mitigation.
During this course review your safety risk management process according to the ICAO safety performance requirements. Learn how to improve your operational safety by correctly identifying hazards, providing effective controls to mitigate safety risks, and reducing equipment loss and damage.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Sep 26 - Sep 28, 2018 - Belgium, Brussels (IATA)
4 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the four main principles of operational human performance
- Identify safety deficiencies, hazards, consequences and risks
- Apply safety management principles
- Describe safety risk evaluation fundamentals
- Perform safety risk evaluations
- Use safety assurance concepts
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline operational managers
- Corporate and operational safety managers, analysts, coordinators
- Post holders
- Quality managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.