The number of threats to aviation continue to increase and at the same time, these threats are evolving. To keep ahead of the threats, aviation security regulations are advancing, bringing associated cost implications. Security Managers are faced with the dual challenge to cost the impact of these changes and to improve response to these threats.
Practical simulations and exercises during this 3-day course will equip you to plan your organization’s finances to maintain compliance and high standards to address new regulations and effectively optimize your security and protection costs. Using a business case approach - from regulation to balance sheet - you will be guided through a security risk assessment and compliance evaluation, and learn how to use financial planning techniques to help authorities, airport, airline, and security providers face the new challenges of regulatory compliance within financial limitations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 27 - Apr 29, 2020 - Italy, Milan (PRO-HST)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Prepare and analyse compliance reports
- Understand security cost methodology
- Calculate capital and operational expenses
- Calculate the cost of compliance
- Develop a report presentation / executive briefing
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline security managers
- Airport security managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.