Did you know that in the past 5 years, 86 participants from 16 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of your technology, human factors and processes and define criteria to increase efficiency in your screening operations. This course provides you with the latest assessment techniques for identifying weaknesses in your operations. Develop your staff by implementing stringent recruitment processes and recurrent training programs. Improve the use of your screening technology with the most current information on industry threats, new technologies and x-ray screening techniques.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have a minimum of two years of experience in aviation or Civil Aviation Authority administration.
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jun 03 - Jun 07, 2019 - Spain, Madrid (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify X-ray screener job requirements
- Establish a training program for security screening staff
- Optimize passenger flow at security checkpoints
- Manage screening staff in day-to-day operations
- Establish and maintain threat recognition systems
- Know the screening technologies available on the market
- Background and regulations
- Current trends in aviation security
- Legislative aspects of aviation security
- Customer service vs. securing the flight
- Managing the checkpoint
- Risk-based security
- Security quality control
- Security checkpoint performance
- Passenger process flow
- How to measure performance
- Screening management
- Recruiting screeners
- Building a training program
- Testing and designing drills
- Checkpoint designs
- Screening checkpoint design exercise
- Group exercise
Who should attend
This course is recommended for the following security personnel from all areas of the aviation industry, law enforcement agencies and governments:
- Security managers
- Security screening supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.