Our self-study course will teach you how to transport time and temperature sensitive healthcare and pharmaceutical products safely according to IATA Temperature Control Regulations. Learn about product temperature ranges, packaging technology, key risk factors and critical control points.
Course formatThis course is available in textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 6-8 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain contractual considerations for the carriage of time and temperature sensitive goods.
- List and identify shipper and carrier responsibilities for the transport of goods.
- Understand how to comply with government regulations respecting food safety.
- Identify the types of perishable shipped by air transport.
- Explain air shipment packaging requirements.
- Complete aircraft documents properly and correctly apply required labels on packaging and required markings on shipments.
- Explain the importance of time and temperature management, including temperature mapping recommendations.
- Application of temperature control regulations
- Pharmaceutical products - Facts and types
- Packaging, documentation and labelling
- Acceptance and control
- Air transport logistics for time and temperature sensitive healthcare products
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- All staff involved in the transport and handling of pharmaceutical products
- Airlines staff and shippers transporting time and temperature sensitive healthcare products
- Primary producers or manufacturers of pharmaceutical and healthcare goods
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.