Gain the knowledge required to ship perishable cargo safely complying with industry standards meanwhile identifying interesting business development opportunities for your company.
Whether it concerns fruits, pharmaceuticals, vegetables, frozen fish or flowers, perishables are, due to their nature, often shipped via air. These products are usually for human consumption, have a short shelf life and closely monitored by national government bodies. Ensuring this cargo is delivered at its destination within the best conditions requires a thorough understanding of the most up-to-date regulations and procedures. This course provides the detailed insight into the proper handling of perishable cargo.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Aug 20 - Aug 21, 2018 - China, Beijing (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Improve time and temperature-sensitive cargo management with latest methods and techniques
- Explore the latest industry trends and types of perishable commodities transported by air
- Understand global government controls to reduce your business exposure
- Identify new market opportunities
- In depth understanding of the procedures and documents to improve service
- Use the current IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) in line with other applicable publications
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All Cargo operations and ground handling staff responsible for handling any type of perishable cargo
- Cargo customer service and sales staff at airlines and cargo agents.
- Logistics/transportation department staff at shippers preparing perishable cargo for air transportation.
- Instructional designers and instructors responsible for cargo training
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.