DescriptionPrices & Registration
Following the Industry regulatory requirements and best practices, airlines need to have a program that
ensures its cabin operations personnel are trained and competent to perform SMS duties. This course
provides the required SMS training for cabin crew and enables an effective contribution to SMS at the
Learn how to improve your safety reporting processes and how to create functional and valuable Safety
Performance Indicators for Cabin Operations during a series of practical exercises.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
|Apr 20 - Apr 22, 2020 - United States, Miami (IATA, ACCET Accredited)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Summarize SMS – Cabin operations regulatory
framework and industry best practices
- Improve cabin safety reporting processes
- Manage safety risk within cabin operations based
on industry best practices
- Create functional and valuable Safety Performance
Indicator (SPI) within cabin operations
- Correctly interpret Key SMS Cabin Operations (CAB)
IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices
Latest changes in regulatory framework and
industry best practices
- Safety data collection methods
- Cabin operations hazards
- Safety risk assessment
- Safety Performance Indicators within cabin
- Types of reporting systems
- Challenging SMS - Cabin Operations (CAB)
IOSA Standards and Recommended
Apply course objectives to your company’s
operations with the help of practical
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Corporate and operational safety managers,
- Cabin Safety managers
- Cabin crew
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 30,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 350+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: