Did you know that in the past 3 years, 578 participants from 62 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This practical course gives you the expertise to implement a successful Safety Management System (SMS) in your airline with the latest tools and processes.
Gain the skills to implement a phased and manageable workload that will allow you to comply with regulatory requirements. Learn how to take a proactive approach to risk management and promote an ongoing safety culture within your organization.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 18 - Jul 20, 2018 - Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Assess the current degree of implementation in your organization and deploy an SMS implementation plan
- Apply ICAO’s safety management concepts and processes to your SMS
- Manage the SMS implementation workload as well as the deliverables for each stage of your plan
- Secure managerial support for your SMS changes
- Explain the benefits of having a SMS
- SMS overview
- SMS design and preparation knowledge
- Phased approach to SMS implementation
- SMS gap analysis and action tools
- Safety risk management
- Reactive and proactive processes
- Operational safety assurance and promotion
- Safety reporting
- The management of change
- SMS continuous improvement
- Benefits of airlines having a SMS
- Practical exercises to apply the course objectives to your company’s operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety specialists and managers
- Senior management
- Operational managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.