DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
This course will help participants and organizations understand the function, role and importance of developing and implementing a Safety Management System (SMS).
Course formatThis course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 8-10 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Understand the basic knowledge, techniques and skills needed to develop a Safety Management System and measure its performance
Discover how an effective system can reduce costs
Learn cost-effective resource planning
See how safety risks are managed proactively
Explore how to build a positive safety culture within your organization
Introduction to Safety Management Systems
Policy and Objectives
Integrating Airline Management Systems
The regulatory authority’s role in SMS oversight
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Representatives of Civil Aviation Authorities
Experienced managers from airlines, airports, ANS providers, manufacturers and maintenance groups
Supervisors in operations
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised
online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.