Did you know that in the past 5 years, 96 participants from 19 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Essential training for operations officers at the control centers of ground service providers and self-handling airlines.
Gain practical knowledge of station control to run efficient and safe ground operations. Learn operational aspects to perform quick turnarounds and minimize delays.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have some knowledge of ramp, passenger and cargo handling operations
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of flight
related to aircraft weight and balance
- Coordinate aircraft handling operations
Plan for ground staff resources and GSE
Handle communications in response to emergency situations
Manage standard messaging
Support cockpit crew before departure
Complete basic slot requests
Support airline operations for fast turnarounds
- Practical overview
- Aircraft and airport characteristics
Airport and aircraft codes
GSE equipment characteristics
Weight and balance principles
Basic meteorology (METAR/TAF/Enroute)
- IATA standards Messaging (AHM7XX)
Introduction to EMD/ EDM (Electronic Miscellaneous Document)
Air to ground radiotelephony
SLOT messaging, basic SLOT requests and replies
- Ramp services (AHM631)
Ground operations manuals and their maintenance
Passenger and cargo handling overview
Turn around coordination (AHM021&615&616)
Station control in CDM (Collaborative Decision Making)
Presentation of AIP
Emergency response procedures (including AHM633)
- Basic Resources Management and Team Management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Station Operations Controllers
Ground Service Providers supervisors
Station Management assistants
Airline Ground Staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: