Build necessary knowledge regarding supply chain management, logistics and different modes of transport. You will learn the key principles and concepts in freight transport management, multimodal transport operations, the unitization and containerisation of cargo, and the transportation of dangerous goods by air, land and sea.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course the students will have the skills to:
- State the supply chain business process integration.
- Recognize the scope of freight forwarding services.
- Describe advantages of multi-modal transportation.
- Describe different types of transport corridors-air, road, maritime and inland waterways.
- Describe the unitization and carriage of dangerous goods.
- Describe diversity of modes and modal competition.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
All staff involved in air cargo transport chain
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book, the TACT training edition is required during the exam.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in e-textbook format and receive them with a free iPad.