Build necessary knowledge regarding supply chain management, logistics and different modes of transport. You will learn the key principles and concepts in freight transport management, multimodal transport operations, the unitization and containerisation of cargo, and the transportation of dangerous goods by air, land and sea.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course must be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course the students will have the skills to:
State the Supply chain business process integration.
Understand the scope of freight forwarding services.
Describe advantages of multi-modal transportation.
Describe different types of transport corridors-Air, Road, Maritime and Inland waterways.
Describe the Unitisation and Carriage of Dangerous Goods.
Describe Diversity of Modes and Modal Competition.
Introduction to Supply Chain Management
Freight Forwarding Services
Unitisation of Cargo and Transportation of Dangerous Goods
Who should attend
All staff involved in air cargo transport chain
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.