Build your leadership skills and travel industry knowledge with a combined focus from IATA and Harvard ManageMentor© . Study popular tourism destinations and improve your sales skills to successfully advise your clients on the best travel options. Learn how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries, develop specialized knowledge of travel products and gain the skills to process ticket exchanges and reissues. Improve your sales skills to successfully turn prospect and existing customers into returning customers and learn how to understand how industry regulations affect your travel operations.
The Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) modules will help you improve your general management and leadership skills. By taking this course you will gain access to over 40 online HMM modules.
Course formatIATA Travel and Tourism Consultant course
- The IATA course requires approximately 150 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- The course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- You will access all your study materials and module links online, through your IATA User Account.
- You will need access to an Internet connection and Google Chrome™ browser.
- After the enrollment validity expires, you will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
10 HMM© courses
- Additional time will be required for the 10 HMM© modules. Each HMM© self-study module requires approximately 2-4 hours of study. Access to the HMM© platform is valid for 6 months (enrollment validity) from the date access is provided, with exams administered online.
- You will have access to 24 HMM© modules and may choose to complete more than 10 of these modules to enhance your knowledge and skills.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and provide advice on popular destination countries
- Advise on modes of transportation, accommodation, and tour products
- Apply IATA resolutions to your travel business and activities
- Prospect new and existing customers and counter sales objections
- Construct complex itineraries and manage changes to ticketed journeys
IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant course
- Popular tourism destinations
- Sales techniques
- Airfare construction and ticket exchanges/ re-issuance
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Tour, luxury and group travel options
- Accommodation (other than hotels)
- Social media marketing
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary by Topic
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Foundation in Travel and Tourism graduates
- Travel consultants, tour operators
- Reservations, marketing and sales personnel
- By successfully completing the examination you will receive the IATA Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: