The Travel and Tourism Workshop provides you with a broad understanding of the global Tourism sector, and equips you with the knowledge and skills to maximize the business potential of this industry for your market.
Over five days you will examine the economic, social and environmental impact of this business from a domestic and international perspective, and learn how you can develop new business prospects to extend your tourism portfolio to include niche markets and tour guiding. You will be provided with guidance on how to understand and implement policies, regulations, and codes of conduct that are associated with the sector, and identify the role and importance of insurance in the industry. The Workshop provides an excellent opportunity to network with like-minded professionals, and includes topics to extend your reach such as online booking and marketing.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Comprehend various perspectives on tourism
- Understand the policies, regulations and codes of conduct surrounding initiating tourism services and operations
- Explore various tourism niche markets
- Engage in discussions surrounding issues affecting tourism
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Government officials
- Industry representatives
- Sectoral organizations
- Tourism organization employees
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.