Special needs travelers represent a promising market for the travel industry. To unlock this business opportunity, travel suppliers and agents must first be able to identify customers who may have special travel needs. Then they must deliver the services that make their journey safe and pleasant.
This course provides knowledge and skills in identifying customers who may have special travel needs and require non-emergency special services, support or accommodation from suppliers. Learn important booking procedures and practical advice on how to stay healthy and safe while traveling. Travel agents increase their service value when they request the right support services from cruise, rail, lodging, airline and attraction suppliers on behalf of their special needs travelers.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Explain the service needs and business opportunities in the special needs travel market
- Define support services available to travelers with special needs provided by the different non-air travel business sectors
- Identify common airline services available to travelers with special needs, including standard codes and reservation procedures
- Provide advice and assistance to regular passengers traveling abroad and experiencing an emergency health situation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel business staff and owners, including agencies, reservation centers and operators
- Airport and/or airline passenger services staff
- Medical support services providers
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. No Calculators or extra materials allowed.
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Further trainingGraduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Travel Sales and Operations Diploma - Android Tablet Offer
Order all 3 courses for the diploma at once to receive an Android tablet - yours to keep (at no extra cost!)*
* The recipient will be responsible for any duties and taxes levied by the country of destination. ATC preferential prices do NOT apply.