Personnel directly involved in Unit Load Device (ULD) operations are required to train regularly on functions relevant to their job tasks and responsibilities.
ULDs are essential for loading freight transported by air. Although ULDs are required to ensure the safe and reliable restraint of cargo during a flight, the standards for using them vary widely across the industry. The IATA ULD Regulations (ULDR) provides a simple point of reference for common technical and operational standards, regulatory requirements, and carrier requirements applicable to overall ULD operations.
Note: This course meets the
training requirements as per the ULD Regulations Table 1.6.A
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 17 - Jul 19, 2019 - China, Beijing (IATA)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Know what is required to ensure safe and efficient ULD operations
- Follow IATA ULD Regulations for handling and build-up
- Work with a range of ULD handling devices and equipment
- Fulfil your responsibilities as an airline or third party
- Understand why ULD handling critical to flight safety and operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ground handlers
- Freight forwards
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.