This 4-hour webinar on Understanding New Distribution Capability (NDC) is designed to provide aviation industry consultants with in-depth expertise on NDC. This is a major industry initiative primarily aimed at transforming the current airline model into a customer-driven retail model. NDC aims to enable the distribution capabilities that currently exist on direct channels and move them to indirect channels; enable further revenue generation; and yield improvement through product differentiation and cost efficiency arising from an open standard.
Ultimately, NDC enables the travel industry to transform the way air products are retailed to corporations, leisure and business travelers, by addressing the industry’s current distribution limitations of product differentiation and time-to-market; access to full and rich air content; and a transparent shopping experience.
- This virtual classroom course provides 4 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have extensive knowledge of airline distribution
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the NDC value proposition
- Assess the impact of NDC on your client’s current IT and business environment
- Describe how to support airline Distribution Strategy Gain from a technical view point
- Recognize NDC architecture and message flows
- Identify large consulting opportunities for airlines, Travel Agencies and IT Providers
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- IT and business services consultants
- Airline consultants
- Transportation consultants
- Airline distribution consultants
Upon request, IATA can deliver certificate of attendance
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.