Did you know that in the past 3 years, 70 participants from 31 countries have taken this course with IATA?
During the last two decades airports have changed from government run terminals to multinational businesses with complex operational environments. Learn how to strategize marketing opportunities and competitive threats, and achieve goals by using performance management systems.
This course is offered as part of the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management Program. A related course is also scheduled at our IATA Training Centers.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor / University of Geneva Professor.
- This course has been customized into a three-day format for the IATA-University of Geneva Aviation Management program. It may be taken as a single certificate course, or as part of the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management, or Executive MBA with specialization in aviation management.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Analyze airports as operational systems and as self-sustained businesses with growth potential
Identify and apply the key lines of business and the correlation to customers, vendors and other stakeholders
Use performance management systems to effectively act on adopted strategies
Respond to customer and competitive demands by recognizing appropriate methods to redesign core airport processes
- Introduction to airport business
Strategic business planning
Evaluation and monitoring of airport business performance
Key elements of airport total quality management
Airport development and the environment
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Postgraduate-level students interested to learn the basics of airport business management.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Participants enrolled in the Diploma in Advanced Studies in Aviation Management will benefit from receiving an academic diploma from both University of Geneva and IATA.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.