DescriptionPrices & Registration
A focused course for existing professionals to the field
of load control.
Refresh your formal knowledge on theories and principles of weight and balance as per the standard IATA Design Manual and Automated Load Sheet.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants must have at least two years experience in Load Control process
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport layouts, operations and facilities
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Revise the terms used in the field
- Identify the various weights used in the compilation of a load sheet
- Review the use of indexes and % Mean Aerodynamic Chord (MAC)
- Recognize the design of trim and table charts
- Review the standard IATA manual load sheet and drop line trim chart and the IATA standard electronic data processed load sheet
- Basic theory of flight
- Aircraft weights and indexes at different flight stages
- Initial aircraft weights and indexes
- Aircraft operating and structural weights
- Aircraft limiting weights
- Theory of balance
- Balance theory applied to aircraft
- Drop line trim chart and its function
- The manual load/trim sheet and the standard IATA EDP Load/trim sheet compilation
- Fuel trim effects
- Last Minute Changes
- Load planning effects on ramp handling (e.g. Tailtip risks)
- Refreshing Load Control processes
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and ground service provider staff working in Load Control
- Airline staff working at an airport
- Turnaround coordinators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: