For security personnel operating baggage screening applications
Maintain and improve the screening skills of your employees using IATA’s online x-ray simulator platform powered by Simfox. Baggage and cargo screeners should receive regular and frequent refresher training to ensure optimal threat recognition in x-ray images. This online simulation course comprises 6 modules to be completed within 6 months. Modules can be completed at your employees’ own pace or one module per month to meet the requirements of EU Regulation No 2015/1998. A test is taken on completion of all 6 modules, certifying the competence of your employee in x-ray screening.
This training meets the requirements of the European Union (EU) Commission Regulation No 2015/1998, requiring persons operating x-ray or EDS equipment to be subject to recurrent training consisting of monthly image recognition training and testing.
This course is available in 2 versions:
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Refresh your image interpretation skills in the area of baggage or cargo screening
- Recognize various threat items at your respective area of screening
- Detect threat items in diverse x-ray images with gradual complexity
Who should attend
Only available for purchase by organizations or companies who wish to train 10+ employees with the following roles:
- Security screeners in airports
- Security screeners in cargo facilities
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Online simulation system; image interpretation
- Number of questions: 25
- Time Allowance: 25 minutes
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Student data report can be provided to your organization’s representative upon request
About IATA eLearning Training
- This self-study e-learning course delivers comprehensive instruction to busy baggage and cargo screening professionals.
- E-learning is a quick and flexible training method providing learner-friendly materials that allow you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Write your exam online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our e-learning platform.