DescriptionRequirements & Registration
Demonstrate that you have gained complete essential competencies to be a successful travel agent or travel agency manager with the IATA Travel Sales and Operations Diploma. Promote yourself as a holder of the highest level travel and tourism diploma to employers, customers, and travel industry suppliers.
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Plan, organize and sell a variety of journeys and travel products that deliver satisfying travel experiences
- Provide professional advice to your clients on the best travel options, customizing and constructing complex travel itineraries with specialized knowledge of travel products and sales skills
- Supervise and manage a team and make business decisions based on sound negotiating strategies, product development, marketing and measuring financial performance
- World and destination geography
- Travel logistics including travel document issuance, reservations and GDS functionality
- Standard and niche travel products and product development
- Strategies in customer service delivery, sales, marketing and social media
- Strategic management and negotiation
- Administration and accounting
- Meeting and event planning
- Expertise in air journey pricing and ticketing
- Travel industry laws and regulations
This diploma is recommended for:
- Travel agents/consultants
- Airline ticket and customer service agents
- Call center customer service agents
- Travel agency owners, operations, marketing and account managers
- Travel agency accountants and back-office staff
- By enrolling in the three level diploma courses at once, you will receive a complimentary Android tablet. Register for the Travel Sales and Operations Diploma with Android Tablet.
- Registration is available on each course page.
- The participant will be responsible for any duties and taxes levied by the country of destination. IATA is not able to provide any technical support for the tablet or warranty. Any device repairs are the clients' responsibility.