DescriptionRequirements & Registration
Build an operational SMS implementation plan and validate your professional qualifications with this internationally recognized IATA Diploma.
Through hands-on exercises and professional feedback, this diploma addresses the challenges of planning, implementing and maintaining a Safety Management System (SMS) in daily operations. Each course in this diploma builds upon the last, guiding you through the new SMS processes and methodology.
Four practical courses break down the implementation process into clear steps, helping you build a SMS in your organization over time. Upon completing this diploma you will have an operational action plan and the tools to:
- Identify SMS implementation challenges and resolve them
- Promote an organizational safety culture and gain commitment from senior management
- Deliver a measurable, tangible and verifiable SMS implementation project
Download diploma description (pdf)
- Airline, Airport and Ground Operations Service providers
- Corporate and Operational Safety Managers, Analysts, Coordinators
- Postholders (Safety, Ground Operations and others)
- Airport Safety Officers
- Civil Aviation Authority Representatives
About the SMS Implementation Professional
In 2011, 28 international airlines participated in a SMS
program. This article explains the diploma structure and how it came to