General Information on Partner-taught & Self-study Exams
Examinations for IATA Partner-taught and Self-study courses are either supervised or unsupervised. You can find the detailed information about each course’s enrolment validity period and exam on the specific course page. Also have a look at the Course edition list for exams (pdf) to know which course edition is applicable for your exam.
Given IATA Training’s focus on the quality and reliability of our offering, it is no surprise that the majority of our courses have supervised exams. Qualifications stemming from supervised exams are undoubtedly the most valued within the aviation industry and we take special care to ensure that a diverse selection of invaluable courses with supervised exams are available to our students.
Exams can be taken online with remote supervision; alternatively, it is may be possible to sit for an exam at one of IATA’s Exam Centers.
You can change your exam date and/or location within the enrollment period, as long as it is done before the exam registration deadline. Please refer to the General Examination User Guide (pdf) for instructions on how to change exam dates and location.
Online Exam with Remote Supervision
Exams can be taken online on a personal computer in a remotely supervised environment. Please check the system requirements and read the user guide before booking your exam.
- Remotely supervised exams are available during the week preceding the worldwide exam week in March, June, September, and December. For example, online exams with remote supervision will take place during the last week of February for the March exam session.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis with limited space; the registration deadlines for the worldwide exam sessions also apply for the online exams.
- Access to a computer with webcam and microphone, as well as reliable internet connectivity, is required.
- Please note DGR exams are currently not available as online exams with remote supervision; please contact us if you have any questions on how to go about writing your DGR exam.
Exam at an IATA Exam Center
If you are, for whatever reason, unable to write an online exam with remote supervision, it may be possible for you to sit for an exam at an IATA Exam Center near you.
- Exams are held 4 times a year in the first week of March, June, September and December respectively.
- 2-3 weeks prior to the exam date, your Local Coordinator will send you an exam invitation letter with your exam date and location.
- Your exam invitation letter contains essential information about permitted reference material. You can also refer to the course page for this information.
- Your exam will be either paper-based or computer-based depending on your course and location.
- You can check the Course edition list for exams (pdf) for the course edition applicable for your exam.
On the day of the exam
If you are writing an online exam with remote supervision, please see the online exams guidance and disregard the below.
- Make sure you have a piece of government issued identity that includes a picture of you.
- Verify your name and exam material. Any discrepancies must be flagged to the Supervisor before submitting your exam answer sheet.
- Prepare your user name and password before your exam. Please make sure you have completed and submitted your exam before you exit the session. You may review all exam questions and change any of your responses, provided it is done within the time allocated for the session.
- Ensure to be present at least 30 minutes prior to the exam. Students who are late will not be accepted to the exam.
- Make sure to sign the exam attendance list upon receipt of your exam booklet and answer sheet.
- Verify your name and exam material. Any discrepancies must be flagged to the Local Coordinator before submitting your exam answer sheet.
- Sign your answer sheet.
- Sign out on the exam attendance list after you return the exam booklet and answer sheet
Important notes for open book exams
- If you have purchased an e-textbook version, you are responsible to bring printed pages of the study material.
- You are allowed to make notes in your study material.
- You are not allowed to add any additional pages to your study material.
- Your Local Coordinator cannot assist you with any enrollment, registration or examination related matters. Please contact us for the related matters.
- If you have signed up through one of our Authorized Training Centers (ATCs), please contact your ATC for any questions you might have.
You will receive your exam results on the exam result release day mentioned in the exam schedule; if you wrote an online exam with remote supervision, you will receive the results immediately after completing your exam.
- IATA Training does not provide scores for exams. You will receive your result as a Pass, Pass with Distinction, or Fail.
- A distinction can only be obtained if you achieve the required minimum score at your first exam attempt.
- Certificates and diplomas will be provided to Local Coordinators for individual students, to ATCs for ATC students, approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the exam results have been published. Individual students who write online exams with remote supervision will receive their certificates and diplomas directly from IATA Training, approximately 4 to 6 weeks after they write their exams.
Unsupervised Online Exam
IATA Training offers unsupervised online exams for certain courses. This type of exam does not require booking; you may take your exam at any time after completing your study, within your course’s validity period. Please refer to your course page to see if your exam is unsupervised.
IATA Training offers online practice exams for certain courses. If you are enrolled in one of these courses, you will be able to access the corresponding practice exam through your User Account. Please refer to the Practice exam user guide for instructions on how to take your online practice exam.
Exam on Demand
IATA Training offers exam-on-demand sessions for organizations having a minimum of 10 students per exam session. The offer is subject to certain conditions and fees. Please see the full details.
Other Exam-related Information
For any other exam-related information, please consult our FAQ.