A large proportion of trips require the services of two or more airlines in order for the passenger to complete a single journey. The interline system is a global network of international air transport services linking most cities with scheduled air services.
It provides a travel option that enables:
- Fully flexible fares
- Last minute change/routings on other airlines
- A single ticket (fare) for a journey using two or more carriers
- Baggage transfer at connecting points
These Flex Fares are new multilateral interline fares derived from published carrier fares. The concept is simple: for a given market, a base fare is calculated using available carrier fares in the market, and an interline premium is added which reflects the flexibility in an IATA fare.
- Fares are driven by and linked to market prices
- Consumers enjoy the flexibility of interlining and conditions
- E-Tariffs process save participating airlines time and expense
For any questions, please contact IATA Passenger Tariffs: email@example.com