IOSA has become a global standard, recognized well beyond IATA membership. As of December 2018, 139 (32%) of the 432 airlines on the IOSA Registry are non-IATA member airlines.
Benefits for Airlines and Regulators
- Quality audit program under stewardship of IATA
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory revisions and best practices
- Elimination of audit redundancy, reducing costs and audit resource requirements
- Accredited audit organizations with formally trained and qualified auditors
- Accredited training organizations with auditor training courses
- Structured audit methodology, standardized checklists