Passenger Innovation Awards 2015
The Passenger Innovation Awards is an initiative that aims to ignite new ideas in the passenger world.
The ideas should meet at least one of the following objectives:
- Improve the passenger experience - anywhere in the process from shopping to travel, including ground experience
- Drive improvements to simplify existing processes or decrease costs
- Create an innovative product or service that falls under the Simplifying the Business (StB) scope and at least one of the three StB goals.
How to participate
Participants must complete the idea submission template, including the idea, an executive summary and idea description.
We encourage you to use this template (pdf) when submitting your idea.
Submit your business idea today!
A jury panel (pdf) will evaluate the ideas based on the judging criteria (pdf) and shortlist five of the best ideas. The finalists will be invited to present their ideas at the IATA World Passenger Symposium 2015 where the winners will be announced.
The finalists will each be given a booth in the “Innovation Corner” of the exhibition hall where they will have the first couple of days to present their idea and answer questions. The jury panel and event attendees will vote on the best idea on the last day of the event – the awards will be announced and presented on the last day following the voting.
The winner of the best idea will be awarded USD 25,000; up to two runners-up will be awarded USD 15,000 and USD 10,000. Each winner will also be able to use a logo to promote their business idea. In addition to the cash award, the Passenger Innovation Award offers networking opportunities and recognition.
- 17 March to 28 August: Submission of business ideas
- 20-22 October: 2015 World Passenger Symposium
- 22 October: Winners of the Passenger Innovation Awards announced
Terms and conditions
The Passenger Innovation Awards is open to all individuals. Submitters must comply with the terms and conditions (pdf) pertaining and can participate as an individual or a team, but must participate on behalf of an existing company.
For more information, contact email@example.com