Passenger Innovation Awards 2015
The Passenger Innovation Awards is an initiative that aims to ignite new ideas in the passenger world.
Finalists will win cash awards, but will also have a unique opportunity to attend the IATA World Passenger Symposium, network and present their ideas on stage to all the delegates.
Following the success of the 2014 awards, the 2015 edition aims to be even better! See the 2014 winners (pdf).
2015 finalists selected!
In no specific order:
- Indigo Transport on Arrival: integrates ground transportation bookings directly into booking path and other airline retail opportunities
- LikeWhere Personalised Discovery: location recommendation system that allows travel brands and third party developers to quickly identify and recommend micro-areas based on geo-social meta data
- MTT Concierge Live: Intelligent and contextual mobile travel assistant - integrated with existing airline apps via a software widget, to transform the 'day of travel' experience
- Soarigami: lightweight and portable armrest divider/extender that ends the fight for armrests
Join us at the 2015 WPS where the finalists will explain more about their ideas at their booth, present their idea on stage and where the winners will then be announced!
The finalists will each be given a booth in the “Innovation Corner” of the exhibition hall where they will have the first couple of days to present their idea and answer questions. The jury panel and event attendees will vote on the best idea on the last day of the event – the awards will be announced and presented on the last day following the voting.
The winner of the best idea will be awarded USD 25,000; the runner-up will be awarded USD 15,000. Each winner will also be able to use a logo to promote their business idea. In addition to the cash award, the Passenger Innovation Award offers networking opportunities and recognition.
- 17 March to 28 August: Submission of business ideas
- 20-22 October: 2015 World Passenger Symposium
- 22 October: Winners of the Passenger Innovation Awards announced
Terms and conditions
The Passenger Innovation Awards is open to all individuals. Submitters must comply with the terms and conditions (pdf) pertaining and can participate as an individual or a team, but must participate on behalf of an existing company.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org