Aircraft Leasing Advisory Group
IATA's Aircraft Leasing Advisory Group (ALAG) was created under the Maintenance Cost Task Force (MCTF) to assist in all matters relating to aircraft leasing, make recommendations related thereto, and indicate how its recommendations may be implemented.
The ALAG develops cost-effective policies, standards, and recommendations for consideration by the MCTF relating to:
- Aircraft leasing lifecycle
- Delivery/ redelivery conditions
- Methodology on maintenance reserves
- Aircraft parts replacement
- Back to birth record
- Co-operation and co-ordination of activities with other relevant entities (e.g. ISTAT), airline regional associations and other international bodies as necessary to achieve IATA goals and objectives.
Membership to the ALAG is open to Member Airlines, Strategic Partners and any other specialists who are approved by the Chairman and the Secretary. The membership of the advisory group should reflect, as far as practicable, a good geographic representation.
The 3rd edition of Guidance Material and Best Practices for Aircraft Leases (pdf) is now available! It provides information about all aspects related to aircraft leases with focus on the technical perspective. The manual covers the entire aircraft leasing cycle, from common misunderstandings, legal considerations and insurance to lease-related processes and areas of attention at delivery and redelivery of an aircraft.