e-Cargo Working Group
The e-Cargo Working Group (eCWG) aims to facilitate the adoption of electronic Air Waybill (e-AWB) and support the industry to achieve 100% e-AWB on trade-lanes governed by MP4 (Montreal Protocol 4) or MC99 (Montreal Convention 1999).
This group was first established in 2008 as a Task Force to work on the e-AWB and draft the Recommended Practice 1670 (pdf) (RP1670) that allows the replacement of the paper Master Air Waybill by the e-AWB.
The primary objectives of eCWG are as follows:
Provide recommendations on enhancements to the e-AWB related IATA resolutions and recommended practices as well as e-AWB related Cargo electronic messages (Cargo-IMP and Cargo-XML);
Provide regular updates to the Cargo Committee as well as recommendations on revised e-AWB rollout approach and targets as needed.
- Act as expertise center for any question related to e-AWB
- Support the industry to achieve 100% e-AWB
- Follow-up on e-AWB adoption worldwide
- Coordinate with the other working groups: e-freight Central Action Group, Customs Advisory Group, Cargo Operations Advisory Group
- Communicate regularly to the Cargo Committee the progress made in increasing e-AWB adoption worldwide
- Develop recommendations and supporting materials as needed
The eCWG is composed by airlines' and freight forwarders' representatives. Other observers from industry e.g. ground handlers and IATA Strategic Partners may attend the eCWG meetings upon concurrence of the Secretary.
e-Cargo Working Group Terms of Reference v2.2 (pdf)
For more information, please contact email@example.com