Global Air Cargo Advisory Group (GACAG)
The four main pillars of the air cargo industry, the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) and the Global Shippers’ Forum (GSF) now come under one roof thanks to the formation of the new Global Air Cargo Advisory Group (GACAG).
Completing the formation of the new group ahead of the original time schedule, the founding members said the advisory group’s role is to establish a vision and strategy for the global air cargo supply chain and to present joint industry positions to third parties, including inter-governmental organizations such as WCO and ICAO.
The founding members agreed that the priorities of the group will be as follows:
- Air cargo security
- Customs and trade facilitation
- Sustainability of the global air cargo industry.
GACAG Steering Committee
Each member will designate two representatives onto the GACAG Steering Committee, which will direct, supervise and assist Task Forces of technical experts responsible for addressing GACAG’s objectives in relation to security, e-commerce, Customs, and sustainability. The individual Task Forces will report back to the committee with recommendations.
Chairmanship of GACAG’s new Steering Committee will rotate among the members on an annual basis, commencing with TIACA for 2011. It was also agreed that TIACA will serve as the Secretariat for GACAG.
Focus on Air Cargo Security
The GACAG Security Task Force will focus on four areas:
- Advance electronic information process and timelines to improve aviation security risk assessment
- Consignment security declaration process and layout to provide aviation security regulators with an audit trail of who secured what, how and when
- Supply chain security program guidelines to introduce supply chain security in countries where there is none
- Ad hoc supply chain security issues
For further information contact us