Medical Advisory Group
The Medical Advisory Group is a special committee established by the IATA Director General, who appoints up to ten members specializing in aviation medicine or occupational health.
- Advise IATA and the airline community on health issues related to air travel.
- Provide expert representation on behalf of the industry on aviation medical matters.
- Liaise as appropriate with other related organisations such as the World Health Organisation, ICAO and regional airline trade associations on medical and cabin health matters.
- Review and update IATA Resolutions and Recommended Practices relating to on-board medical care and health-related issues.
- Review and provide guidance to the Cabin Operation Safety Task Force on sections of the IATA Inflight Manual relating to cabin health matters.
- Develop new industry guidelines on aviation medical or health-related issues, where appropriate or necessary.
- Review and update the IATA Medical Manual