Learn the fundamentals of carbon markets and sustainable alternative fuels (SAF) and their essential roles in the future of aviation. Sustainable alternative fuel and carbon markets are expected to play a larger role for the aviation industry as ICAO Member States begin to implement the Carbon Offset and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA).
This course will allow you to analyze carbon market dynamics, strategies and pricing, and understand the environmental impacts of SAF. Using cost-benefit analysis, you will also learn about the financial implications of SAF to airline operations, supply chain logistics, and emissions trading schemes.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Estimate aviation’s role in carbon markets, current function and perspectives
- Identify and compare carbon trading mechanisms, dynamics and strategies
- Assess the impact of global policy initiatives and global market-based measures (MBM) on the aviation industry
- Analyse SAF sustainability compliance requirements
- Analyse the benefits of SAF for aviation and their environmental impacts
- Construct a cost-benefit analysis to evaluate the merit and potential for SAF use within existing airline operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operations, environment and finance managers
- Civil aviation authorities, corporate communications, and environment agencies
- Government agencies and employees
- Fuel purchasers, suppliers, logistics providers and traders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.