Global Training Conference Cancellation Announcement
Over the past few days, many of you have enquired about the status of the upcoming IATA Global Training Conference (GTC2020) in Paris, France due to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). After careful consideration, we have taken the decision to cancel the event.
Since the first outbreak of COVID-19 in mainland China, we have been monitoring the situation in Paris closely, working daily with local and international authorities. We have been following the WHO’s guidelines. However, there has been an increase in the number of participant cancelations over the past few days for reasons including company travel bans and senior delegates needing to stay close to base during the crisis, therefore, we feel that it would be best to cancel the event.
Further information will follow in the coming days regarding delegate, sponsor and exhibitor situations and consequential actions that need to be taken. We are very sorry that this decision had to be taken but we are sure you will all agree it was the correct one and for the right reasons.
Learning & Development. A brave new world in aviation.
The IATA Global Training Conference 2020 (GTC2020) is the aviation industry’s gathering to discuss the future of learning and development.
We'll be exploring how training fulfills the human resources needs of aviation and related industries. The event will feature speakers sharing stories on innovation and technology, and their impact on the workplace of the future. We’ll also address the opportunities to create a workforce with diversity and inclusion. A separate track for training on Dangerous Goods will deliberate on competency-based training.
The conference will be held at the Aéroports de Paris headquarters, and there will be adequate time to network during the cocktail reception, a gala dinner awards night, and culminating with a tour of the French capital - Paris.
Come and join us in Paris!
(by invitation only)
Over 3 days our discussions will revolve around the following topics:
The Global Training Conference 2020 in Paris, France will be a fantastic opportunity for us to be able to have this conversation with CEOs from different airlines to discuss their high-level strategy to address this talent management challenge. We posit that this discussion will lead to a greater awareness of how important this issue is being looked at the highest levels in the aviation industry.
Diversity and Inclusion, competitive advantage or a myth?
The world is different from what it was 20 years ago. The workplace, workforce, and marketplace are changing in ways that require a different approach to management. The current state of affairs is quite dire. Less than 5% of management roles are currently filled by women and the inequality in quite palpable. Why does diversity and inclusion matter now? Gen Z understand the value of inclusivity in the workplace, do you?
Competency-based training in the work environment
In today’s context of learning and development it rings quite true. The traditional ‘seat time’ in a classroom is not an apt measurement of your knowledge, skills and competence. Learning objectives have been a way forward, but are they? As an example, everyone with a driver’s license can legally drive, but we know each one has different competency and road sense.
How AI is shaping the business landscape
There has been a lot of hype about artificial intelligence. According to different market studies, demand for workers with AI skills has experienced steady growth over the past few years. When you add the fact that there's currently a shortage of job seekers who can meet that need, it only makes the skills more valuable for those who do possess them or would like to learn. What kinds of jobs are being created, specifically? And now that it's actually becoming a reality, how is it really affecting the learning and working environment?
Skills Gap, so what?
What are the C-suite executives doing to address the skills gaps identified in the aviation industry? How much of a priority is it? What role does technology play in the evolution of training products for professionals? How can we promote a different organizational culture to turn it into a learning organization? The human factor: The strategic importance of skills and talent.
Groupe ADP | La Maison de l'Environnement et du Développement
1 rue Louis Couhé
Welcome Reception and Opening Ceremony
Groupe ADP | Headquarters
1 rue de France
Who should attend and why?
The conference is open to Learning & Development executives actively involved in designing, preparing and delivering aviation related training courses. L&D Executives, as well as Human Resources personnel from Airlines, Airports, Civil Aviation, Cargo, Ground Handling, ANSP and Travel & Tourism with, but not limited to the following titles:
- Chief Learning Officer
- Head of Human Resources
- Corporate Training and Development Executive
- Instructional Technology Executive
- Training Director, Manager, Coordinator
- eLearning Program Director, Manager
- Instructional & Multimedia Designer
- Education and Training Specialist
Reasons to attend
- Thought leaders will share the hottest topics in training
- Conference sessions presented in different formats to meet a wide variety of learning styles. From discussions to panels, there is something for everyone
- Upcoming and new training courses, and new training delivery methods
- Opportunities to learn and share with other training professionals and leading industry experts
- Meet one on one with key IATA Training personnel to discuss business opportunities and challenges
- Network with colleagues and business partners. Many attendees rate networking as the most important benefit of IATA Global Training Partner Conferences. We offer a number of settings in which to connect and network, and we allow enough time in between sessions for you to share and discuss your insights. Many of the connections with colleagues and business partners go beyond the Conference and become a source of support for our partner
- Participate in a Gala Dinner with an awards ceremony
- Discover the beautiful city of Paris through organized tours coordinated by the conference team
- Share your experience post-conference. Propose to deliver a short presentation to your colleagues to share what you learned and offer possible applications and recommendations relevant to your organization
Justify your attendance
We understand that many of our Training partners need to keep an eye on costs. That’s why we’ve included multiple meals and free entrance to all conference events in your conference registration.