CASSLink is IATA's internet-based data processing and customer management system that facilitates interaction and exchange of information between airlines, freight forwarders and third parties participating in IATA Cargo Accounts Settlement System (CASS).
In order to ensure that CASSLink continues to deliver fast, secure and reliable service to all participants, IATA kicked-off the new CASSLink project, which aim is to modernize the current CASSLink platform to meet today and tomorrow’s CASS operational needs, making it more operationally efficient as well as more user-friendly.
The implementation of the renewed platform will start in February 2023, subject to systems readiness.
Discover the New CASSLink!
Scope of the project
- User-friendly and intuitive user interface
- A new XML-based input and output format that is IATA ONE Record compliant, and easy to connect with the users’ in-house system.
- Global / Regional access with one click
- Succinct dashboards and online statistics
- Self-service functions to configure data processing, reports and user management, etc.
- Real-time reporting and on-line dispute resolution
- Multi-language, including Asian language
- New tax calculation mechanism
- Legal compliance invoice generator
- Risk assessment tool
- New payment options
|New CASSLink platform development
|CNS (CASS US) Go live and migration to new platform
||29 August 2022|
|CASS Export Go live, kick off the migration||Phased rollout out, starting March 2023|
|CASS Import Go live, kick off the migration||Phased rollout out, starting Q3 2023|
The main priority of the IATA team is to ensure that all relevant stakeholders are fully aware of the New CASSLink platform availability and features. To accomplish this objective, training resources (tutorial videos, training recordings, FAQs, and user manuals) are now available at the IATA Customer Service Portal.
Note: To view these resources, please log-in to the IATA Customer Service Portal > Support > FAQs > Cargo > CASS Operations /Cargo > CASSLink
Accessing the New CASSLink
To access the New CASSLink, simply log-in to the IATA Customer Portal, then click New CASSLink under My Services or Favorite Service.
We are continuously working to improve our CASSLink platform and processes to serve you better to face the evolving cargo business needs and emerging market trends.
The implementation of the new platform will follow a wave approach. These implementation waves will start from February 2023.
A full list of the different CASS operations included in each wave is available in the New CASSLink Migration Plan (pdf) document, as well as the full roadmap and roll-out date for each CASS. Please note that the dates mentioned in this document are subject to change.
- Wave 1 cutover - User profile set up as of 21 February 2023; Already Live as of 13 March 2023
- Wave 2 cutover - User profile set up as of 21 February 2023; Live as of 4 April 2023 (go to the Migration Plan for the details)
- Wave 3 cutover by Q3 2023
- Information will be available in Q3 2023.
To prepare the migration, please note the below important information:
- Format of billing data input and output files: No change but the following guidelines for the billing file must be followed, otherwise, the file will be rejected by New CASSLink:
Date must be YYMMDD
File (Sequence) number must not be empty with 2N (numeric).
VAT Indicator (field number 3)
Must be Y or N or Space, where Y= subject to VAT
Field cannot be empty.
Must be numeric
Entitlement Code (other charges reporting)
Must be A for Agent or C for Carrier
- SFTP connectivity will be moved to IATA iiNet at once (for the non-migrated countries, iiNet will push the billing files to the current CASSLink platform).
- User migration: Users who have not logged to the current CASSLink platform since 1 July 2022 will not be migrated to the New CASSLink.
This table presents the complete checklist and timeline for Waves 1 and 2. You can also download this checklist (pdf):
|Training||Opening the training webinar registration||December 2022||Completed|
|Training materials||User manual and link to the training materials will be available in the IATA customer portal.||January 2023||Completed|
|Training||Attend the training sessions.||January & February 2023||Completed|
Please be informed that only active CASSLink users who had logged in after 1 July 2022 in the current CASSLink, would be migrated to the new CASSLink. If any new user requires access to the new CASSLink platform after the migration, the user should be added by your CASSLink Administrator contact in the new CASSLink platform directly.
If you wish to access to the new CASSLink platform, please log in to the current CASSLink system by 8 January 2023.
|8 January 2023||Completed|
|User Management - Company administrator||
List of current users migrated to the new CASSLink platform will be provided to the company administrators with access rights in the current CASSLink.
If your company does not have any administrators, IATA will select the three active users of your company with the highest access rights in the current CASSLink system to be the Administrator contacts of your company to ensure they have the access right to handle user management after the system migration.
|Access CASSLink platform via IATA Customer Portal||
Access to the new CASSLink can only be done through the IATA Customer Portal
If you access the current CASSLink via the URL link, please register yourself in IATA Customer Portal to prepare your access to new CASSLink.
|IATA iiNet connectivity||For users with SFTP connectivity, you will be contacted by IATA team to change to IATA iiNet connectivity prior to the cutover day.||On-going||Communication
|Users migration for Waves 1 and 2 countries/territories||All users who last logged in after 1 July 2022 will be migrated to New CASSLink. The company administrators will have full access rights in the New CASSLink while the normal users will be migrated with the basic profile. The users’ access rights will be set up by the company administrators.||1 February 2023||Completed|
|Migrated User List||The list of migrated users for Waves 1 and 2 countries/territories can be downloaded under “View Airline/Agent Docs” on the current platform.||1 February 2023||Completed|
|User privilege setup||
The New CASSLink will be open to the company administrator to set up the access rights for each user. Changes made in current CASSLink after 15 January 23 will not be migrated to the New CASSLink.
For users that are not on the list/ have not been migrated (users added in the current CASSLink after the migration cut-off in January). The company CASSLink administrator can only add them once the system opens for user set-up around 10 days before the go live).
|21 February 2023||Completed|
|Users not migrated||For users who are not migrated, the company will still see the activities conducted by the users in the past. There will be no impact on the invoicing history||N/A||N/A|
|Wave 1 countries/territories||Switch off the access to the current CASSLink platform.||11 March 2023, 08.00 CET (GMT +1)||Completed|
|Wave 1 countries/territories||Access to the New CASSLink platform.||13 March 2023, 13.00 CET (GMT +1)||Completed|
|Wave 2 countries/territories||Switch off the access to the current CASSLink platform.||1 Apr 2023 08.00 CET (GMT +2)||Completed|
|Wave 2 countries/territories||Access to the New CASSLink platform.||4 Apr 2023 06.00 CET (GMT +2)||Completed|
Note: The timeline for Wave 3 countries/territories will be available later, it should be around Q3 2023
List of changes in new CASSLink
Below is a table summarizing the differences between the current CASSLink and the new CASSLink platform. You can also download this comparison table (pdf).
|Menu||function||current casslink||new casslink|
|Login & Password||Access the CASSLink||via Customer portal||No change|
|Dashboard||Display user notifications and system notifications||N/A||Quick link to the key user manuals, Calendars, and FAQ.|
|Users are unable to access master file||Users can see the agent information. If information is not correct, user takes an action in Customer Portal.|
|User Management||Basic user creation||Company Admin user can manage the user privilege, upgraded and user-friendly experience.|
|Self Service||Mail Address maintenance||under "User Maintenance"||Mail Address maintenance and mail format|
|Product Subscription (HOT, Excel etc.)||N/A||Self Service Product subscription option|
|Input||Billing data input||Only billing data input||Self-data validation, withdraw option, billing format remain unchanged|
|Output||PDF/HOT||Normal Billing output PDF||
Upgraded Bookmarks PDF
No option for receiving the billing output file (PDF/HOT) via email. This can be enabled via IATA iiNET (SFTP option).Cargo Sales Report PDF and Management Statistics Report PDF are separated into two files.
|Stock Management||Distribution of AWB stock||Normal Stock distribution||Introduced Express range, global range, and self-service stock management subscription.|
|Reports||Reports generation||No reports available||Real-time reports available to download|
Export Sales Statistics Reports for Greek Market
|Decommissioned, please visit IATA CargoIS for the alternative solution.|
- User migration for Wave 1 and 2 countries has been completed on 15 January 2023. Note that only active CASSLink users who have logged in after 1 July 2022 have been migrated to the New CASSLink.
- The list of migrated users for Waves 1 and 2 countries can be downloaded under “View Airline/Agent Docs” on the current platform. Please prepare the user set-up on the New CASSLink according to this list.
- For users that are not on the list/ have not been migrated (users added in the current CASSLink after the migration cut-off in January): The company CASSLink administrator can only add them once the system opens for user set-up around 10 days before the go live).
- During the user set-up period, the company CASSLink Administrator will be able to review, add, and edit/modify the profile of other users. Normal users will be able to view their user access rights.
- The existing company CASSLink administrator can add/delete other administrators or change their profiles. There is no restriction on the number of administrators setting up for each company.
- If your company does not have any administrators, IATA will select the three active users of your company with the highest access rights in the current CASSLink system to be the Administrator to ensure they have the access right to handle user management after the system migration.
- For the purpose of this migration, please note the user profiles below and their corresponding access rights:
- Administrator (superuser): Full access
- Normal Airline user: Can view all functions plus "Input" with full functions (upload, validate and withdraw billing data files.
- Normal Agent user: Can view all functions plus "Output" with full functions (view and download)
- More information on the roadmap for user profile setup and timelines.