The IATA Ground Handling Conference (IGHC) is the premier annual ground handling industry conference in the world.
As a bonus, the IGHC will be joining forces with another major IATA event, the IATA Global Airport, Passenger & Accessibility Symposium. This will provide a unique opportunity to broaden your horizons and expand your network even further! Stay tuned for a first look at the program in Q1 of 2021.
Why should you attend?
Unique business, networking and branding opportunities with 95% satisfaction rate.
- Over 750 delegates are expected
- Meet airlines decision makers
- Exclusive access to industry intelligence and latest industry developments
Want to see what happened in our 2019 edition?
Who will you meet?
Bringing together over 750 delegates to represent the whole industry, here's who you will meet:
- 30% airlines, 60% ground service providers and airports, 10% manufacturers and solution providers
- 60% commercial and 34% operational/safety positions represented
- 50% executive management, 49% middle management
Stay tuned to discover the preliminary program.
The IGHC Innovator competition was established with the aim to ignite and promote new ideas in the ground operations world. It was introduced for the first time at the IGHC in 2017 as our way to embrace and support innovative thinking - helping our industry to be safe and prosper.
IATA Member Airline Complimentary Passes
IATA Member Airlines - Subject matter experts in procurement or ground handling contracts management are eligible for two complimentary passes to the IGHC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
Have a look at the Terms & Conditions (pdf).
The online registration will open soon, stay tuned.
To provide flexibility, the 2021 IGHC will be a hybrid edition. For those who can travel, we will be delighted to welcome them in Prague. For those who cannot join us in-person, we will offer an online option, including streaming of the key sessions, a virtual exhibition hall and a state-of-the-art virtual appointment tool to facilitate networking. In-person and remote attendees will have many opportunities to connect and share during the conference.
Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity to expand your network and get insights into the latest industry trends and developments.
The Conference will take place at the Prague Congress Centre.
Prague, capital city of the Czech Republic, is known for its Old Town Square, the heart of its historic core, with colorful baroque buildings, Gothic churches and the medieval Astronomical Clock, which gives an animated hourly show. The City of a Hundred Spires on the Vltava River ranks among the most beautiful cities in Europe.
Prague's location in the heart of Europe makes the city easily accessible to travelers from almost every country. Prague has always been a crossroad of the most important trading routes, as well as a cultural and political center of Europe. One of its major landmarks, Charles Bridge, symbolizes the historical connection between the East & West that made Prague a place where elements of Slavic, German, Italian, and Jewish cultures merged to create a picturesque city with a unique, magical atmosphere. Prague also became an important university center which gave the world a number of personalities without whose discoveries and inventions we could hardly imagine our lives today - contact lenses, screw-propeller or nanofibers.
One of the safest destinations with a great infrastructure offers a variety of different venues. The city has a long tradition in hosting significant international meetings. Thanks to all the changes in recent years, today the Prague Congress Centre offers a unique, meaningful and quality premises for every congress, congress, concert, company event or exhibition. It aspires to be innovative, efficient, pleasant, safe, socially responsible and technologically developed company with high quality services and sustainable operation.
32th IATA Ground Handling Conference
The 32th IATA Ground Handling Conference took place in Madrid, Spain from 26 to 29 May 2019, at the Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center.
View all the IGHC 2019 pictures
Attending Companies & Speed Networking Airlines
The Ground Ops Executive Summit 2019
- Have a look at Ground Ops Executive Summit 2019 Brief (pdf)
The IATA IGHC 2019 Sessions Summary
- Have a look at IGHC 2019 Sessions Summary (pdf)
- Opening Plenary Presentation (pdf)
- Making the Ground Operations Attractive for our Employees Presentation (pdf)
- The Future of the Passengers Presentation (pdf)
- Ramp of the Future Presentation (pdf)
- Sustainable Ramp Presentation (pdf)
- Plenary Presentation (pdf)
- Safety Performance Indicators Presentation (pdf)
- Driving Competitive Advantage Through RFID in Baggage Presentation (pdf)
- Cargo Handling Manual Implementation Presentation (pdf)
- Culture Presentation (pdf)
- Standard Agreements & SLAs Presentation (pdf)
- Threat and Risk Audit Matrix Presentation (pdf)
- Plenary Presentation (pdf)
- IGHC 2019 Intro
- Official Opening
- Opening Plenary Full
- Welcome Adresses
- IGHC Innovator Competition
- Our 2019 IGHC Innovator is
- Major Growth in Aviation Jobs Expected in Ground Operations
- Ramp of the future Introduction
- Fully Ramped Up for the Future
- Expediting the Air Cargo Ground Experience
- IATA Nexxt Bootcamp Madrid
- Auditing Overhauling ISAGO
- Plenary Session 1
- Plenary Session 2
- Plenary Session 3
- Tuesday Opening
- IATA Celebi Signing