People, Purpose & Passion - Building a Sustainable Future For Ground Ops
The 2022 IGHC edition was focused on improving implementation procedures and operations, forging sustainable new agreements and leveraging and empowering the workforce to deliver sustainable sound solutions.
Over 650 delegates gathered in Paris, France at the Palais Brongniart, to discuss:
- Technology and efficiency : – initiatives and implementation of case studies
- People in ground operations
- New agreements: Contracts and other data
A very well run conference bringing airlines, handling companies and suppliers to one single event.
The CEO Perspective
Prominent industry CEOs, representing airlines and ground service providers will share their insights on what is needed for a sustainable aviation future.
- Willie Walsh – Director General, IATA
- Valentin Lago – CEO, Air Europa
- Nick Careen – SVP, Operations, Safety & Security, IATA
- Steve Allen – CEO, dnata
- Richard Prince – CEO, Aviapartne
The 21st Century Ramp
Presenting a real-world implementation case study – Qatar Aviation Services takes you through their digital aircraft turnaround process, driving efficiency and cost reduction.
- Massimo Cicetti – Senior Manager, Ground Operations Automation & Digitization, IATA
- Marta Gomez Andrea - Manager Innovation & Operational Improvements, QAS
- Robert Sanz – Ramp Operations Manager, QAS
Does next-gen GSE deliver on its promises?
This session will explore the implementation case studies of showing/proving that enhanced GSE reduces ground damage rates and costs.
- Alessandro Pastorelli General Manager, TCR Italia
- Bartu Korgul – Head of GSE Planning, dnata
- Harvey Sawyers, Head of Global Excellence, Swissport
- Steve Savage – Senior Analyst, Ground Operations, IATA
Gen Z and the ground operations industry; is this a match?
What are the most important job attributes for the new generation at work? Do they have the same values and needs as previous generations? How can organizations attract new people and retain them?
- Ryan Jenkins – President, Sync Learning Experiences
Exploring root causes of ground handling staff shortages
Ground Handling continues to suffer a severe staff shortage problem, made worse by the Covid-19 crisis, during which many skills have been lost. This panel will analyze one of the root causes of the current shortage - the often stressful and conflicting working conditions. It will propose new ways of how working conditions can be adjusted to foster the establishment of a sustainable and equitable airline-GH provider relationship.
- Fabio Gamba – Director General, Airport Services Association
- David Anderson – Global Head of QHSE, Swissport
- David Barker – DSVP Airport Operations, dnata
Faster, Safer, Better
Digital load control is a reality. Amadeus presents the completion of the IATA XML 565 standard implementation. What used to take days of manual entries and was subject to human error has – by means of an easy-to-use interface and some programming – can now be accomplished in a 3 second file upload. Watch us! Reduce loading errors – Emirates demonstrates how technology supports and mitigates loading errors that occur during the loading and load control processes.
- Tom Farncombe – Senior Manager – Technical Expert, Aircraft Engineering, Amadeus
- Adrian Kong – Load Control Support Controller, Emirates
- Massimo Cicetti – Senior Manager Ground Operations Digitalization & Automation, IATA
COVID aftermath - do we still need to clean and disinfect to save our lives?
IGHC 2021 identified enhanced cleaning and disinfection as an area of concern in terms of the impact it has on turnaround times and additional costs. Has the status changed since November? With fewer COVID measures in place, is there still a need for enhanced procedures? How will this impact the turnaround with the increased traffic? What new technologies and solutions are on the market which could improve this process?
- Derick Zimmerman – Vice President Safety & Training, Airport Terminal Services
- David Overall – Senior manager Policy & Procedures, United
- Iva Pluhackova – Head of Standards & Operations, IATA
Baggage Tracking: Now and for the Future
Baggage Tracking is vital in means of reducing mishandled baggage, improving efficiency in baggage operations, and ultimately providing a better customer experience. As a result of joint efforts in coordination with our member airlines, baggage mishandling was reduced from 18.88 bags mishandled per 1000 passengers in 2007 to 3.5 in 2020. This session will focus on the IATA 753 certification program and how processes and technologies can help the industry to improve even further.
- Eleonore Wenzl-Bery – Project Manager, Lufthansa
- Guillaume de Montessus – General Manager, Onet Airport Services
> IGHC 2021 Agenda (pdf)
The IGHC Innovator competition was established with the aim to ignite and promote new ideas in the ground operations world. It was introduced for the first time at the IGHC in 2017 as our way to embrace and support innovative thinking - helping our industry to be safe and prosper.
Networking in the Biz Zone
Network with peers and make new business connections in BizZone. The BizZone is a dedicated space where you can have one-on-one meetings through an appointment based system. In 2021 BizZone meetings were offered both on-site in Prague and in a virtual format through our brand new user-friendly event platform.
The event platform is a single source for the following:
- Access to program and event content including live-stream or on-demand presentations
- Making appointments that will occur during the event and will serve as your personal calendar
- Connecting you with other conference attendees (both in-person and virtual onl